This breed has existed for three decades, and during this period, its representatives have a lot of fans, fascinated by these lovely creatures. Biver Yorkshire terrier is an immediate, loving, naughty doggie designed to be the pet of the family.
- Происхождение породы 1. Origin of the breed
- Описание породы бивер йоркширский терьер 2. Description of breed Biver Yorkshire Terrier
- Характер 3. Character
- Воспитание и обучение бивер-йорков 4. Education and training biver yorkov
- Уход за питомцем 5. Pet Care
- Породные заболевания 6. Breed diseases
- Режим и рацион бивер-йорков 7. Mode and diet biver york
- Содержание бивер-йорка 8. Content of beaver york
- Фото бивер йоркширского терьера 9. Photo biver yorkshire terrier
- Видео о бивер йоркширском терьере 10. Video about biver yorkshire terrier
- Покупка щенка 11. Buying a puppy
There is a legend, according to which the birth of the breed occurred by pure chance - in the genes of Yorkshire terriers, responsible for the appearance of white spots in the color, there was a spontaneous mutation.
Breeders have been actively working for 4 years to get a new decorative breed, and in 1988 their activity bore fruit - new small dogs were introduced to the public. They were called the beaver Yorkshire terriers.
Kids have elegant hair, tiny size and excellent temper - given the fashion for tiny dogs, it is not surprising that they immediately gained popularity. The breed was officially registered in 1989, and in 2007 the last standard was approved.
It may seem that the beaver is a type of Yorkshire, but American scientists studied the DNA of both pedigree representatives and revealed differences in them. Thus, it became clear that representatives of different species took part in the creation of the breed.
Description of breed biver yorkshire terrier
The beaver looks like York - miniature, glorious, with an amazing, soft fur, courageous and convivial. For a host, such a dog can become not just a good friend, but also a model that can be styled, braided pigtails and decorated with various accessories.
You can dress up your pet, take it with you everywhere. And if the owner wants to participate with the pet in show programs, then such a handsome man is a great option.
Biver-york is harmonious, proportionally complex, have an even, smooth coat, divided by a part in equal parts. Unlike York, a beaver has a different color of wool, and the spots are arranged in a special way, otherwise they meet the same standard requirements.
Like other representatives of ornamental breeds, these babies have bitches somewhat larger than males, which is associated with their genital function. Preferred sizes - height up to 22 cm, weight 2-3.1 kg, females can be 5 higher and weigh 500 g more. In any case, an important aspect is the proportionality and elegance of the physique.
In accordance with the standard, pets look like this:
- The head is proportional to the size, neat shape, the forehead is flat, wide. If you look from above, it will be noticeable that the muzzle is shorter than the frontal area. The foot is sharp, it goes almost vertically, there is a sharp bend before the lobe.
- Cheeks and cheeks compacted, well covered with hair. Lips tightened, lower jaw slightly shorter than the nose line. Outwardly, the dog seems to be smiling.
- The beavers have a complete set of small, strong teeth that form the right bite. The presence of a bite-like bite and the absence of no more than two premolars, but these are undesirable qualities. Dogs have a weak grip. The defects include the curvature of the incisors, canines, undershot, such individuals are not allowed to breed.
- Nose is large, wide, protrudes slightly, maybe only black.
- The eyes are small, round in shape, slightly arched, with dense, black eyelids. Located higher than the foot of the nose. The gaze is lively, with cunning and slyness. The color is dark brown, preferably the darkest tones.
- The ears are erect, covered with adorning hair, set apart wide and high, of small size, in the form of triangles. Ear cartilage thick, elastic.
- The body is a rectangular format, closer to the square, with a proportional long, curved neck, pronounced neck and nape.
- The back is straight, does not have a sharp bevel in the area of the croup. The chest is not wide, but of decent depth, lowered to the elbows. The fin keel and round shape.
- The limbs are straight, with harmonious joints, slightly inclined shoulder blades and strong, muscular croup. The hand is well knocked down, with strong, bent fingers and short claws.
- The tail is high, covered with abundant adorning wool. Docking is not allowed, only natural look is allowed. When it is lowered, its tip reaches the hock, but in some individuals it may be shorter.
Wool and possible colors
One can call the long, flowing wool giving the elegant, luxurious look to the little dogs the advantage of the bivers. She reaches to the ground, has no undercoat, soft and silky to the touch. The standard highlights several possible colors:
- on a snow-white background the marks painted in black or blue color are located;
- the main tone of the coat is dark, and the sternum, legs and abdomen area are white.
Beaver is a cheerful, cheerful, intelligent and self-confident pet, very contact and affectionate. These dogs have a very balanced temperament and strong character. Beaver - almost perfect as a companion, quickly becoming attached absolutely to all households.
Such a pet can be made to families with children, other four-fingered cats, dogs, mice, and the presence of birds in the house will not interfere. It costs nothing for a dog to adapt to the vital pace of people and other members of the collective; it is a hard and intelligent dog. But it is worth remembering that these are miniature animals, and toddlers can harm them, which means that the dog should be protected from such contact.
Beaver needs care and attention to be happy, in return they will adore the whole family endlessly. The owners themselves can not resist, so as not to indulge this charming pet. But this is not always beneficial - like other terriers, beavers can be stubborn and willful.
Among the representatives of the breed there are very temperamental, feisty individuals who are ready to defend their territory from strangers, but this is by no means the majority, but rather a rarity. Particular attention should be paid to the pet during walking, you should not allow the beaver to communicate with larger relatives, as a bulldog, shepherd or other dimensional dog may step on the baby and not even notice.
Nurture and training beaver york
Beavers have always lived side by side with a man and their main task is to be companions, that is, to live in a family without causing trouble. This is not a working dog, not a hunter, not a security guard, so he does not need to receive any specialized knowledge.
Babe enough to learn the rules of good tone and basic skills. A pet should know how to behave and what is a bad habit and self-indulgence. Even a tiny, but ill-mannered terrier can harm, do minor dirty tricks and spoil the mood. And experts are confident that the bad behavior of York is a 100% owner’s mistake.
The baby should be taught from an early age to the collar, he should know his place and eat where he should be. Beavers are walking as soon as the crumb rushes about in search of a place, he needs to be taken outside or put on a diaper, a rag. It is possible to punish for “small groups” and “puddles” only if the owner caught the pet, as they say, “red-handed”, otherwise, the puppy will not be able to understand why he got the scolding.
It is important that the dog has learned the "fu" command, this makes it possible to avoid various troubles - eating garbage on the street, spoiling things and other situations. Beavers willingly respond to training - next to the owner, they are happy to do anything.
But such a pet is very sensitive to changes in the mood of the owner - nervousness, anger, aggression and other negative emotions, he will definitely notice and hasten to retire. Praise, affection and sweets - that is what contributes to fruitful learning.
You shouldn't give your pet a descent if it starts to stubborn - this little dodger will surely test the ground, will the owner allow him to shirk and can the team be executed, for example, not from the first, but second, third, or even the fifth time.
Beavers are playful, inquisitive doggies, so you definitely need to teach his team “come to me!” So that he will not be too distracted while walking.
Beaver yorkies need hygienic procedures, which the pet should be taught from the moment the puppy appeared in the house. In this case, an adult dog will take all manipulations for granted, without disturbances:
- the child must wipe his eyes in the morning with a cotton pad soaked in boiled water, chamomile decoction or a special agent;
- Every day the dog needs to comb the hair with a massage brush, and to collect a long bang in the tail;
- teeth are cleaned every 3-4 days using a special brush that is put on the finger and toothpaste designed for dogs;
- Bathing beavers often - 2-3 times a month, for the procedures should choose hypoallergenic detergents. When bathing, the dog needs to close its ears and eyes, and after it is rubbed with a towel and dried with a hairdryer;
- representatives of this breed need a haircut - this can be done from 4 months of age, hygienic haircut is important. Such procedures can be done independently or entrust it to professionals. If the dog participates in exhibitions, then without the help of an experienced groomer is indispensable;
- claws doggy shear as needed.
Among other decorative breeds, beavers can be attributed to long-livers, they can live 15 years and even more, but naturally, if they are provided with proper care and good nutrition. But they have a tendency to various pathologies and diseases:
- vascular disease of congenital origin - is already apparent from puppyhood, it can lead to the fact that the pet stops growing;
- pancreatitis - develops in violation of the diet;
- obesity - the result of overfeeding, treats pet with the master's table, violation of the regime;
- Legg-Perthes disease - osteochondropathy of the femoral head.
Biver-yorks often manifest genetic disorders, therefore, acquiring a puppy, it is recommended to study the breed line more closely.
Mode and diet biver york
Choosing natural food as a pet food, the owner should not forget that his pet is a predator. In this case, the basis of the diet is meat - beef raw or boiled chicken, turkey. The menu is recommended to be supplemented with lean sea fish, tripe, boiled offal.
For a good work of the digestive tract, it is recommended to give the pet fermented milk products, season the dishes with vegetable oil. Useful food are vegetables, fruits, greens. Also, doggie can cook porridge from rice or buckwheat - in broth or water.
Salty, smoked and sweet food is contraindicated to biverah. Dogs should not be given bones, hand fish, fatty meats, pastries and legumes. Vitamins and minerals will help to maintain health at the proper level.
You can feed the dog ready dry rations, it should be a quality food, consisting of small pellets.
Content beaver york
It is possible to start such a tiny pet in any, even rather modest living space. This small bunch of energy will fit in almost any family: a large and noisy or consisting of 1-2 people, the main condition - the dog must love.
In the first couple of weeks of puppy adaptation, it is not recommended to invite large companies into the house, bring down a lot of attention and caress on the baby. Also, do not leave children alone with this vulnerable baby - it is important to explain to younger members of the family how to treat a new ward.
A puppy before walking can be taught to relieve the need of a diaper, but, like other terriers, he needs daily walks. A pet should have its own resting place - a mattress or a couch, two bowls for eating and drinking, and a lot of toys.
Yorkies are naturally active, they need to play, frolic, be sure to walk in the fresh air. For socialization, it is useful for them to be in new places, to communicate with other people and animals.
Photo biver yorkshire terrier
Video about the beaver yorkshire terrier
Buying a puppy
Beavers, though less popular than the Yorkies, are still fairly common, including in Russia. There are monobreed nurseries, as well as some breeders simultaneously work with several decorative breeds. In addition, future owners have the opportunity to save money and buy a puppy from a private seller or in a pet store, but there are no guarantees of pure breed and puppy health.
The ideal age for puppies to buy is 3 months when they are fully vaccinated and will easily tolerate separation from their first family. The Biewer Yorkshire terrier is an expensive breed, therefore the announcements “I’ll give a beaver puppy in good hands”, most likely a hoax - the desire to attach a sick or bloodless animal.
The cost of puppies with pedigree from the nursery varies from 30,000 to 60,000 rubles, depending on the class and the titles of the parents. Kid for show-career is the most expensive. In Russia and Ukraine, the best nurseries are:
- Mini Fanfini, Moscow http://minifanfini.ru/index/0-3;
- “Urban Yorkies”, Moscow http://gorodskie-yorki.ru/gde-kupit-yorka.html;
- “Nif-naf”, Kiev https://nifnaf.jimdo.com/%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%8B- contacts /.
The owners of biver-york terriers are sure that there can be no better pet. This doggie is always happy to communicate with his family, he will accompany the owner on any trips, to be there when it is good and bad. To get a beaver should be exclusively for the soul, to groom, nurture it, educate and pay attention to it.