This breed has existed for three decades, and during this period, its representatives have a lot of fans, fascinated by these lovely creatures. Beaver Yorkshire Terrier - direct, loving, naughty dog, designed to be the favorite of the family.
- Происхождение породы 1. Origin of the breed
- Описание породы бивер йоркширский терьер 2. Description of the Breed Yorkshire Terrier
- Характер 3. Character
- Воспитание и обучение бивер-йорков 4. Education and training of Beaver Yorks
- Уход за питомцем 5. Caring for the pet
- Породные заболевания 6. Breed diseases
- Режим и рацион бивер-йорков 7. Mode and diet of the Beavers
- Содержание бивер-йорка 8. The content of Beaver York
- Фото бивер йоркширского терьера 9. Photo of the Yorkshire terrier beaver
- Видео о бивер йоркширском терьере 10. Video about the Yorkshire terrier
- Покупка щенка 11. Buying a puppy
Origin of the breed
There is a legend according to which the birth of the breed happened by pure chance - in the genes of Yorkshire terriers responsible for the appearance of white spots in the color of the spots, a spontaneous mutation occurred.
Breeders for 4 years worked actively to get a new decorative breed, and in 1988 their activities brought fruit - the public was introduced to new small dogs. They were called a beaver by Yorkshire terriers.
Kids had smart wool, miniature sizes and excellent temper - considering the fashion on tiny dogs, it's no wonder that they immediately gained popularity. Officially registered the breed in 1989, and in 2007 the last standard was approved.
It may seem that the beaver is one of the species of Yorkies, but the American scientists examined the DNA of both thoroughbred representatives and revealed differences in them. Thus, it became clear that representatives of different species took part in creating the breed.
Description of breed beaver yorkshire terrier
Beaver looks like a yorky - miniature, glorious, with amazing, soft fur, brave and sociable. For the owner of such a dog can become not just a good friend, but also a model, which you can do the laying, plaiting braids and decorate with various accessories.
You can dress up a pet, take it with you everywhere. And if the owner wants to participate with the pet in show programs, then such a handsome guy is a great option.
Beaver York harmoniously, proportionally complex, have a smooth, smooth coat, separated by a smooth parting. Unlike York, the beaver has a different color of hair, and the spots are in a special way, otherwise they correspond to one standard requirements.
Like other representatives of decorative rocks, these little females are somewhat larger than males, which is related to their reproductive function. Preferred sizes are height up to 22 cm, weight 2-3,1 kg, females can be 5 higher and weigh 500 g more. In any case, an important aspect is the proportionality and elegance of the physique.
In accordance with the standard, pets look like this:
- The head is of proportional size, neat, the forehead is flat, wide. If you look from above, it will be noticeable that the muzzle is shorter than the frontal area. The stop is sharp, it is almost vertical, there is a sharp bend in front of the lobe.
- Cheeks and cheeks are compact, well covered with hair. The lips are tight, the lower jaw slightly shorter than the line of the nose. Outwardly it seems that the doggie is smiling.
- The beavers have a full set of small, strong teeth that form the correct bite. It is possible to have a tick-bite and no more than two premolars, but these are undesirable qualities. Dogs have a weak grip. Defects include the curvature of incisors, canines, undershot, such individuals are not allowed until breeding.
- Nose is large, broad, slightly protruding forward, can only be black.
- Eyes small in size, round in shape, slightly convex, with dense, black eyelids. Are located above the foot of the bridge of the nose. The look is alive, with cunning and craftiness. The color is dark brown, preferably the darkest colors.
- Ears are erect, covered with adornment hair, widely distributed and high, small in size, in the form of triangles. Ear cartilage thick, elastic.
- Torso of rectangular format, closer to the square, with a proportionately long, curved neck, pronounced nape and occiput.
- The back is straight, has no sharp slant in the area of the croup. The breast does not differ in width, but of decent depth, it is lowered to the elbows. Keel and ribs of round shape.
- The limbs are straight, with harmonious joints, slightly tilted shoulder blades and strong, muscular croup. The brush is well brought down, with strong, curled fingers and short claws.
- The tail is high, covered with abundant adorning hair. Cupping is not allowed, only natural look is allowed. When it is lowered, its tip reaches the hock joint, but in some individuals it may be shorter.
Wool and possible colors
The advantage of beavers can be called a long, flowing coat, giving the dog a smart, luxurious look. It reaches the ground, has no undercoat, feels soft and silky to the touch. The standard distinguishes several possible colors:
- on a snow-white background there are markings painted in black or blue;
- the main tone of the coat is dark, and the sternum, paws and abdomen are white.
Beaver - cheerful, cheerful, intelligent and self-confident pet, very contact and affectionate. These dogs have a very balanced temperament and strong character. Beaver - almost ideal in the role of a companion, quickly tied absolutely to all household members.
A similar pet can be established for families with children, other quadrupeds - cats, dogs, mice, and the presence of birds in the house will not become a hindrance. Pesica does not need to adjust to the life tempo of people and other members of the team, this is a slow-witted and intelligent dog. But it is worth remembering that these are miniature animals, and kids can do harm to them, which means that one should protect the dog from such contact.
Beaver for happiness needs care and attention, in return they will unlimitedly adore the whole family. Owners themselves can not resist not to spoil this charming pet. But this does not always benefit - like other terriers, beavers can show stubbornness and self-will.
Among the representatives of the breed there are very temperamental, pugnacious individuals who are ready to defend their territory from strangers, but this is by no means the majority, but rather a rarity. Particular attention should be given to the pet during the walking, it is not necessary to allow communication between the beaver and larger relatives, since a bulldog, a sheepdog or another dimensional dog can step on the crumb and even not notice.
Education and training of Beaver Yorks
Beavers have always lived side by side with a person and their main task is to be companions, that is - to get along in the family without causing trouble. This is not a working dog, not a hunter, not a guard, so he does not need any specialized knowledge.
To the kid it is enough to learn rules of a good tone and basic skills. The pet should know how to behave yourself, and what is a bad habit and pampering. Even a tiny but ill-bred terrier can harm, make small dirty tricks and spoil the mood. And experts are sure that the bad behavior of york - this is a 100% mistake of the owner.
A child should be taught from an early age to a collar, he must know his place and take care of where he is supposed to. The beavers are walking around, as soon as the crumb has rushed off in search of a place, it must be taken out into the street or put on a diaper, a rag. To punish "piles" and "puddles" is possible only if the owner has caught the pet, as they say, "red-handed", otherwise, the puppy will not be able to understand what reason he got caught up to.
It is important that the dog learn the "fu" command, this makes it possible to avoid various troubles - eating garbage on the street, spoiling things and other situations. Beavers willingly respond to training - next to the owner, they are happy to do anything.
But such a pet very responsive to changes in the mood of the owner - nervousness, anger, aggression and other negative emotions, he will notice and hurry to retire. Praise, caress and yummy - that's what promotes fruitful learning.
Do not give the pet a descent, if he starts to be stubborn - this little cunning will necessarily probe the soil, whether the owner will be able to shirk and whether it is possible to execute the team, for example, not from the first, but the second, third or even fifth time.
Beaver is playful, inquisitive doggies, so you must teach your team "to me!" So that he does not get too distracted during walks.
Beaver Yorkshires in need of hygienic procedures, to which the pet should be taught from the moment the puppy appears in the house. In this case, the adult dog will take all the manipulations for granted, without disturbances:
- the baby needs to wipe his eyes in the morning with a cotton pad soaked in boiled water, chamomile broth or a special remedy;
- daily, the dog needs to comb the hair with a massage brush, and collect the long bun in a ponytail;
- teeth are cleaned once in 3-4 days, using a special brush, which is put on a finger and a toothpaste intended for dogs;
- bathing beavers often - 2-3 times a month, for procedures should choose hypoallergenic detergents. When bathing a dog, you need to close your ears and eyes, and after it you wipe it with a towel and blow it dry;
- representatives of this breed need a haircut - this can be done with a 4-month-old age, hygienic haircut is important. Such procedures can be done independently or entrust it to professionals. If the dog participates in exhibitions, then without the help of an experienced grounder can not do;
- The claws are cut as necessary.
Among other decorative species, beavers can be attributed to long-livers, they can live 15 years and even more, but, naturally, if they provide proper care and adequate nutrition. But they have a tendency to various pathologies and diseases:
- vascular disease of congenital origin - manifested already from puppyhood, it can lead to the fact that the pet stops growing;
- pancreatitis - develops in violation of diet;
- Obesity - the result of overfeeding, treat the pet from the master's table, violation of the regime;
- Leggy-Perthes disease - osteochondropathy of the head of the femur.
Bee-yorks often display genetic disorders, therefore, when acquiring a puppy, it is recommended to study the breed line more carefully.
The regime and diet of Beaver Yorks
By choosing natural foods as food for the pet, the owner should not forget that his pet is a predator. In this case, the basis of the diet is meat - beef in raw form or boiled chicken, turkey. The menu is recommended to be supplemented with low-fat sea fish, a scar, cooked by-products.
For good work of the digestive tract it is recommended to give the pet sour-milk products, season the dishes with vegetable oil. Useful food is vegetables, fruits, greens. Also, a dog can be boiled rice porridge or buckwheat - on broth or water.
Salted, smoked and sweet food to beavers is contraindicated. Dogs should not be given bones, hand-held fish, fatty meat, pastries and legumes. To maintain health at the proper level will help vitamins and minerals.
You can feed the dog with ready dry diets, it should be a high-quality feed consisting of small granules.
The content of the beaver york
You can get such a tiny pet at any, even rather modest living space. This small clot of energy will fit into almost any family: large and noisy or consisting of 1-2 people, the main condition - the dog must be loved.
In the first couple of weeks of adapting the puppy it is not recommended to invite large companies into the house, to crush a lot of attention and caress. Also, do not leave children alone with this vulnerable baby - it is important to explain to younger family members how one can relate to the new ward.
A puppy can be taught to take care of diapers before going out for a walk, but like other terriers, he needs daily walks. The pet should have a place to relax - a mattress or a couch, two bowls - for eating and drinking, and lots of toys.
Yorkie by nature are active, they need to play, frolic, be sure to walk in the fresh air. For socialization, it is useful for them to visit new places, communicate with other people and animals.
Photo of the Yorkshire terrier beaver
Video about the Yorkshire terrier
Buying a puppy
Beavers, though less popular than Yorkies, are still quite common, including in Russia. There are mono-breeder nurseries, also some breeders simultaneously work with several decorative breeds. In addition, future owners have the opportunity to save and buy a puppy from a private seller or a pet store, but here there is no guarantee of purebredness and health of the puppy.
The ideal age of the puppies for purchase is 3 months, when they are fully vaccinated and will easily transfer the separation from their first family. Breed Yorkshire terrier beaver - expensive, so the ads "give in the good hands of a puppy of a beaver", most likely a deceit - the desire to attach a sick or non-thoroughbred animal.
The cost of puppies with a pedigree from the nursery varies from 30,000 to 60,000 rubles, depending on the class and titles of the parents. A baby for a show career is the most expensive. In Russia and Ukraine the best nurseries are:
- "Mini Fanfini", Moscow http://minifanfini.ru/index/0-3;
- "City Yorkes", Moscow http://gorodskie-yorki.ru/gde-kupit-yorka.html;
- "Nif-naf", Kiev https://nifnaf.jimdo.com/%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%8B- contacts /.
Owners of beaver york terriers are sure that a pet can not be better. This doggie is always happy to communicate with his family, he will accompany the owner on any trips, to be near when good and bad. To start a beaver should be for the soul only, to groom, cherish it, educate and pay attention to it.