Alaskan kli-kai is a beautiful hussy the size of a small spitz. Someone will say that this is impossible. However, not so long ago, according to historical standards, there appeared such a breed - miniature cheerful dogs, outwardly reminiscent of sled dogs, but, of course, they are not. What motivated breeders to deduce this miracle, and did the kli-kai become a mini-copy of the legendary northern dogs?
- Откуда к нам пришла порода 1. Where did the breed come from?
- Описание породы кли-кай 2. Description of the breed
- Характер представителей породы кли-кай 3. The nature of representatives of the breed klikai
- Сколько стоит породистый щенок 4. How much is a thoroughbred puppy
- Фото аляскинского кли-кая 5. Photos of the Alaska clique
- Видео 6. Videos
- Уход за аляскинским кли-каем 7. Caring for the Alaskan clique
Where did the breed come from?
If to compare with northern breeds, then the breed is very young. Its history begins in 1970, when the talented breeder Linda Spurlin decided to breed dogs with a Husky appearance, but a different temperament and a much smaller size.
At that time, there was a surge of interest in the breeds of sled dogs, and many wanted to have these proud handsome men. But not everyone had the opportunity to maintain such a large animal, requiring round-the-clock activity and having a pretty wayward character. That's why Linda came up with the idea, to create a mini version of the husky, but adapted to living in an apartment environment and less troublesome in content.
In the process of breeding, various ancient breeds of sled dogs participated - Husky , Alaskan Malamutes, Eskimo Dogs and Laika. And by 1988 the world saw a pet of a completely new format - klikaya. Retaining the external data of the husky, Linde managed to significantly reduce the size of the dogs. As it happened, to this day it remains a mystery, but already at the end of the 20th century this breed was officially recognized by the Association of the Rarest Rocks.
Kli-kai from the moment of its appearance acquired a lot of fans. Many dog lovers wanted to buy this beautiful miniature animal with a sociable character, so the breed has not faded since then, and every year it becomes more and more popular. According to reports, the puppies of the Alaskan klikai first appeared in Russia only in 2013.
Description of breed cli-kai
Today, breed standards offer several options for Alaskan cliques, differing in size:
- Standard - the growth at the withers varies 38-43 cm, weight can reach ten kilograms.
- Mini - sizes range from 33-38 cm, with a body weight of not more than 7 kg.
- Toy (toy) - the growth should not exceed 33 cm, and the weight should be up to 4.5 kg.
Dogs of this breed are distinguished by the following symptoms:
- The head is wedge-shaped, without additional lines and skin folds.
- Muzzle has a somewhat elongated shape, it narrows closer to the nose.
- Obligatory is the presence of a pronounced mask , its color contrasts with the color of other parts of the body.
- Ears in a standing position, hanging ears - vice for the breed.
- Two-layered wool .
- The tail , twisted in the form of a ring and covered with thick wool, can lie on the back of the pet, or on its side;
These descriptions all clearly repeat the characteristics of the northern sledge dogs of the oldest breeds. But there are also distinctive features:
- The cliches have a powerful, strong lower jaw , not protruding forward. Lips have a black pigmentation, in dogs with a red-and-white color they are hepatic and should fit tightly to each other.
- Tooth enamel bright, white. According to the standard, the dog's bite should be a scissor, if it is straight, then this is considered a significant defect.
- The eyes in dogs can have different shapes - oval, round, almond-shaped. Must have a dark rim. The shades of the iris are quite diverse, but in most cases the eyes are in ka-kae karego, blue or amber. Often there are individuals with different eyes. Defects include dogs with eyes "bulging", or disproportionately planted - far away, or, conversely, close to each other.
- The neck of the enema is arcuate, while in motion it is in an elongated state.
- Paws straight, thin, with strong bones, moderately spaced. Pillows are thick, collected, elastic.
- The whole body in dogs is proportional - the sternum is wide, ribs are well developed, the stomach does not sag.
The breed is characterized by a satisfied thick coat with a dense, uniform undercoat. There are several colors: white in combination with black, gray, red. And also there are black-and-white-red individuals.
Character of representatives of breed klikai
Despite the obvious external signs, the similarity of the husky and klikai on this ends. These miniature dogs have a completely different character, which has nothing to do with the temperament of these riding dogs.
Small, funny cliques like active games, frolic during the walk - their favorite pastime. Walking in nature for pets is a real holiday.
The dog is sociable, cheerful, good-natured, not tolerating loneliness, therefore it is not recommended to start an animal for those who can leave the house for the whole day.
The communion of the clergy is so clearly expressed that one can hear from a dog not just barking, but sounds similar to human speech. And "talk" dogs of this breed oh, as they like. Even after a short absence of the owner, upon return the pet will actively share the latest news, and the singing-talking maxims can have a duration of 10 minutes or more.
Representatives of this breed in the family behave quite adequately, they can even be called obedient pets. But when communicating with outsiders show some mistrust and suspicion.
Kli-kai are easy to learn and can memorize and execute a lot of different teams. And, in addition, they receive great pleasure from the learning process. They are perfectly adapted to living in an apartment environment, but for a country house this breed fits perfectly.
It has long been noted that the company and good-naturedness of the klikai extend not only to people, but also to other pets. They perfectly get along with cats, dogs and other animals. Representatives of this breed simply adore children. No aggression - only boundless devotion and excellent nanny qualities.
Many owners of the Alaskan klikai noticed that dogs completely lack behavioral flaws, which means that the breed is fully suitable for keeping in the family.
As for performance, the clinic retained the quality of the guards. And if, due to their small size, they can not stop the robber on their own, then it's not difficult for them to signal the alien's invasion with barking bark. But still the most optimal assignment of the breed is an amazingly devoted, cheerful companion.
How much is a thoroughbred puppy
Breeders control the purity of the breed, so at 8 months all the puppies are cleared for compliance with generally accepted standards. The following possible defects are taken into account:
- incorrectly located (reverse) mask on the muzzle;
- correctly placed bite;
- pronounced areas of wool, having a dark or light color.
Pets that do not pass the test are rejected and subjected to mandatory sterilization.
Mini-husky are a rare breed, so buying such a puppy is not so easy. Moreover, there is a risk that the acquired pet may not fall under the breed standards at 8 months, because at an earlier age the defects are invisible.
If these difficulties are not frightened, and a decision is made to buy a puppy, then it is necessary to look for a specialist with knowledge of this breed. It will be better if he takes part in choosing a dog.
Given the rarity of the breed and the quivering attitude of breeders to selection, the price of puppies for the Alaskan clique is not available to everyone. One individual kli-kaya is estimated at about 350 thousand rubles.
Photo of the Alaskan clique
Just look at these photos of the Alaskan clique (mini-husky).
Caring for the Alaskan clique
This cute doggie does not require special, some special care products and a lot of time. For his beautiful fur coat, he can take care of independently, because he has a cat's ability to wash using front legs.
Wool must be combed, but infrequently. In normal times, it is enough once a week, during moulting two or three times.
The clay has one indisputable advantage over other dogs - it does not have a specific smell and is very clean, so it is enough to hold water procedures two or three times a year.
Ears and eyes require regular check for the presence of dirt and inflammation. Claw claws need to be cut once or twice a month, using special tweezers.
Representatives of this breed like long walks and it is desirable to take them out in places where you can safely release the pet from the leash without fear for its safety. This little shaman will be happy if the owner takes a direct part in his games.