People have always been interested in breeds of animals that have come down to us from time immemorial. And the Japanese Akita Inu, is just such a dog - purebred, once sacred, a pet not ordinary people, but emperors. Today the breed is known for the legendary Hachiko - a faithful dog of the Akita Inu dog breed. Naturally, the interest in these dogs has not waned so far, and the history of the breed attracts even more admirers.
- Историческое происхождение 1. Historical background
- Описание акита-ину 2. Description of Akita Inu
- Этот удивительный японский характер 3. This amazing Japanese character
- Уход за собакой 4. Caring for a dog
- Фото породы акита-ину 5. Photos of Akita Inu breed
- Видео акита-ину 6. Akita Inu Video
- Где купить и какова стоимость щенков акита-ину 7. Where to buy and what is the cost of Akita Inu puppies
According to evidence obtained by historians, the Japanese Akita is one of the oldest dog breeds. In addition to genetic analysis, this is evidenced by the remains, which, according to archaeological data, are about 4 thousand years old. In addition, Akita Inu-like dogs are depicted in drawings from antiquity.
If for our ears the name of the breed sounds somewhat exotic, then for the Japanese this quite common combination of words - “Inu” from Japanese means dog, and “Akita” is a province located on the island of Honshu. The breed in its present form appeared here in the 17th century, and since then has not undergone any external changes.
Initially, Akita Inu were pets in the families of peasants, and later were elevated in status, becoming pets of aristocrats and even in the imperial house. And the pet of this breed has become completely inaccessible to the common people. There was even a law punishing offenders of Akita Inu.
The rarity of this breed is also in the fact that it is purebred, without crossing with representatives of other breeds.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a special society was created to preserve this breed. This contributed to the fact that it remained pristine.
During World War II, the Akita Inu ceased and most dogs were sent to the front. In Japan, there are only a few purebreds of the breed, but felinologists still managed to keep it and restore it at the same level.
See also : American Akita .
Akita Inu Description
Perhaps someone will seem her appearance a little rustic, but the dog is not devoid of charm, it has a special article, and its slanted eyes glow with the mind.
If we talk in more detail about the appearance, then the pedigree pets have a strong, proportionate physique, with heavy bones and fairly well-developed muscles.
The external features include the following:
- The head is blunt, has the shape of a triangle. The skull is wide, between the eyes of the dog there is a barely noticeable notch that covers part of the forehead.
- Akita-Itu nose is large, black. Only in the white representatives of the breed slight pigmentation is allowed.
- The ears of the dogs are small, especially when compared with the size of the head, open and in a standing position, have a slight rounding at the tips.
- The eyes have a normal fit, do not bulge, small dark brown color.
- The dog's neck is powerful enough, short, with minimal dewlap.
- The back is straight, with a muscular lumbar region. The chest is wide, well developed.
- The skin does not have a strong fit, it is possible the formation of small folds.
- The tail of the Akita Inu is large in proportion to the body, is high, is usually twisted into a ring and put on its back. Sometimes it lays down along the back, wraps itself around most of the ring, then the tip hangs to the side.
- The coat in dogs is thick, coarse, the average length of which is about 5 cm. It has a thick undercoat that is softer than the main coat.
- The paws that are front, that the rear of the pets of this breed are characterized by power, the rear are slightly apart. Pillows paws resemble a cat, straight with a thick crumb and bulging knuckles.
The color of a pedigree dog can be varied, there are white, fawn, red, tiger, and piebald akits. To all one requirement - the color must be clear, clear pattern. Divorce and blur lines are not allowed. Sometimes the color of the undercoat is a little different from the main one, but this is quite acceptable.
According to the requirements of the breed, the dog should have a height at the withers in the range of 66-71 cm, and the female - from 61 to 66 cm.
This amazing Japanese character
Being a primordially Japanese breed, Akita-Anu has absorbed the characteristics of Eastern temperament. Restrained and calm in the presence of outsiders, often shows wariness, becomes good-natured and sociable in his family.
Akits are very active and cheerful, they require long walks. Dogs are very playful and even being in old age will respond to the call of the owner to frolic.
They immediately become attached to the owner and become loyal friends and companions. But this is only under the condition of complete reciprocity.
In addition, representatives are distinguished by independence and autonomy. If you do not have the appropriate skills, then training a pet will not be easy. For good luck in this matter, the owner will have to show perseverance, and in some places and demandingness, so that the dog complies and recognizes the authority of the person. Physical strength in this matter plays no role, only the strength of the spirit is important. With a serious approach, training will bring its positive results.
Akita Inu is perfect for living in a family with small children. Of course, when a pet comes in contact with younger members of the family, it is necessary to watch him, because this is still an animal.
If there is a desire and an opportunity to start an Akita Inu, then you should not worry about its content - these pets are very unpretentious. They can live well on the street (a thick undercoat is designed for this), and they are quite suitable for staying in an apartment. If a dog is purchased for street life, it is necessary to provide it with a warmed booth for the winter.
It is necessary to take into account the activity of dogs, as the Akita need to walk for a long time - twice a day for 2 hours, at least. Otherwise, the animal will find something more interesting for itself, and this does not promise anything good for the owner.
On the walking dogs behave disciplined, rarely enter into conflicts. But they can frolic with their own kind.
It is worth taking care that the dog does not gain weight. And for this you need a balanced diet and proper physical activity.
Akita wool does not require special care. It is enough to comb a pet 1-2 days a week, simultaneously ridding it of tangles. But during the seasonal molting the dog will need to be brushed almost every day. This will allow wool to upgrade faster. During this period, complex vitamin supplements can be given to the animal.
Representatives of this breed can not often bathe , as frequent swimming can cause the development of various diseases. It is enough to carry out the procedure every 4-6 months. It is necessary to use special detergents, and after washing the wool must be dried.
Feeding a pet should also not raise questions, since there are no particular difficulties. Like other pets, Akita-anu is not recommended to be fed with food from your table.
Modern breeders prefer to feed the pet with dry food, sometimes supplementing the diet with fermented milk products, lean meat, vegetables and broth. Pet should be provided with free access to drinking water.
Akita Inu Breed Photos
Akita Inu Video
Where to buy and what is the cost of Akita Inu puppies
It should be said that not everyone can afford an Akita Inu puppy. Since the price is not small.
You can buy a four-legged friend in a specialized kennel (the price is set at about $ 3,000), or you can find owners of dogs of this breed at a local fair - an exhibition. For this, it is often necessary to attend several events. In the second case, a puppy from active show dogs can be significantly more expensive than in a kennel. If you show perseverance, you can find a suitable puppy.
Another more way to find a purebred Akita, you can use special sites on the Internet. Here you can get lucky with buying a puppy at a lower price.
Akitu Inu dog is the dream of many. Kind, friendly and intelligent dog, a godsend for any family.